What do we do for the environment?
• We only use reusable crockery at our events instead of paper plates or plastic cutlery.
• We communicate by email wherever possible in order to save paper. If you are still receiving correspondence in the post from us, please send an email with your full name and a request to only receive invoices and other correspondence by email so that we can cut down on our paper consumption. Alternatively, you can enter or change your email yourself through our membership management portal.
• We have also switched to reusable towels instead of paper towels in our offices and at the Baruth Sports Hall.
• We have installed very efficient LEDs in our club room in the Flatow Sports Hall as a means of saving electricity.
What can you do?
• Are you still receiving letters from us in the post? Send us an email with your full name and a request to receive invoices and other correspondence only by email so that we can use less paper. Alternatively, you can enter or change your email yourself through our membership management portal.
• At our events, always take part in the Purzelbaum campaign run by the Berlin Gymnastics and Leisure Sports Federation to have a tree planted for every 5000 somersaults.
If you have any suggestions or ideas on how we can become more sustainable, please feel free to email us.