Allgemeiner Turn-Verein zu Berlin 1861 e.V.
A woman is raising her hand and holding a question mark sign in the other hand.


Here is a list of common questions from our members and prospective members. We have tried to answer them in a straightforward way. Please contact the office at if you have any further questions.

  • You are welcome to send your questions by email to or to call the office on 030 610 74 336 on Mondays and Thursdays from 15:00 to 18:00 and Fridays between 9:00 and 12:00.
  • You can visit us at the ATV Office, Vor dem Schlesischen Tor 1, 10997 Berlin. The ATV Office is open Mondays and Fridays from 15:00 to 18:00 and on Fridays between 09:00 and 12:00.

  • You will need to fill in a registration form and hand it in.
  • The form is available at the office, at all our training centres, from one of our coaches or online in the Downloads section.

  • If you are interested in beginners’ swimming sessions, please sign up for the waiting list emails (Info-Agent) in the Beginners’ Swimming section.
  • If you are interested in children’s swimming sessions, please sign up for the waiting list emails in the Junior Swimming section.
  • For adult swimming please book a place in the Adult Swimming section; if we are full up, please sign up for the waiting list emails.

You can find an overview of our membership fees under Membership Fee Regulations.


  • Recipients of basic income support can apply to the authorities themselves to have their membership fees paid.

  • By bank transfer
  • By direct debit or PayPal
  • In cash or by card payment at the office

The children of recipients of basic social security benefits (e.g. Hartz IV or social security benefits), child allowance or housing benefits are eligible for an additional € 15.00 per month, to be paid by the relevant authority as a contribution towards membership fees.

To receive this, parents must submit an application for education and participation to the authority. It is currently necessary to submit a contribution invoice or a membership certificate from us, dated within the period of eligibility.

As the money will be paid to the beneficiaries, you will then have to pay the membership fee to us – the previous system run by the authorities whereby the club was paid directly is no longer in use. Applications for travel expenses and sportswear can also be submitted to the authorities, although the calculation for these is more complicated. Please get in touch with the relevant authority directly for further information.

  • We stopped issuing membership cards and membership numbers on 1 January 2021.
  • Following the changeover to the new club management software, members can enter their personal data themselves when they move house or change their bank account.
  • If you need a certificate of membership for administrative purposes or health insurance companies, please email us about this.